Hike to the Rifugio Viote Fratelli Tambosi
Mountain tour • Trento, Monte Bondone, Valle dei Laghi, Valle dell'Adige
A short walk to Viote, the botanical gardens of Trento.
The Rifugio Fratelli Tambosi, at Trento’s Viote, is the destination of this beautiful walk that starts in Sopramonte and follows trail 621. Easy to reach even by car, there is a large and well-equipped play area and adjacent picnic area.
It is definitely worth visiting the Giardino Botanico Alpino delle Viote [Alpine Botanical Gardens] immediately next to the mountain hut.
Updated: August 29, 2019
Safety information1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
This is a rather long trail - about 14 Km there and back. Only set out if you are physically fit enough. Carefully follow the markings for trail 621. Since you cross many forest roads and forks, it is best not to wander off and miss the right trail.
Hiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes.
From Trento, you climb towards the Bondone, following road SS45bis, and then SP85 to Sopramonte.
Parking area near the sports fields.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.