Hike to Rifugio Paolina
Mountain tour • Val di Fassa
Climb to Rifugio Paolina, at the feet of the Roda di Vael.
At the “Paolina” there is an atmosphere where you can have an authentic mountain experience.
If you have the opportunity to stay overnight at the mountain hut, don’t miss the chance to try one of the fantastic ring routes that develop around the Roda di Vael.
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 118.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Hiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes, telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
SS48 delle Dolomiti coming from Val di Fiemme, and then SS241, or directly on SS241 coming from Bolzano - Val D’Ega. You leave your car in the parking area in Valate, located a few hundred metres before the pass, on the Vigo di Fassa side.
“Valate” Parking area (1752 m), located a few hundred metres before the pass, on the Vigo di Fassa side.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.