From the Lake Santo to the Roccolo of Sauch
Hiking trail • Altopiano di Pine' and Valle di Cembra
Loop tour with a view to the Roccolo of Sauch and at the shelter Sauch, immersed in the deciduous wood
Distance 5.3 km
Walk in the nature to appreciate the variety of the cembrane vegetation and to discover an ancient system to cath the birds, a labyrinth vegetable of great charm and ingenious that it's called "Roccolo del Sauch".
The stop is a must inside the Roccolo del Sauch to admire its articulated plant structure and relax on the grass in front. The Malga of Sauch shelter is perfect for refreshing yourself while eating trational Trentino dishes.
AuthorResponsabile A.p.T Piné Cembra SS
Updated: July 21, 2021
Degree of difficulty according to the common symbology: path E (on mule tracks and paths)
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Tips and hintsApT Piné Cembra
Provenendo dall´autostrada A22 del Brennero, sia da sud che da nord, esci al casello di Trento nord (distanza dal casello km 22,5), percorri la S.S. 12 del Brennero in direzione nord fino al bivio di Lavis, per transitare poi sulla S.S. 612 Lavis - Castello di Fiemme che conduce fino alla Valle di Cembra e poi all’abitato di Cembra, poi segui le indicazioni per il lago Santo.
Prosegui in salita fino a raggiungere un parcheggio lungo la strada con coordinate N46°12’0,2 E11°11’40,3 1075 m s.l.m. A circa 50 metri prima del parcheggio, ben visibile, parte la strada forestale da inboccare per iniziare l'itinerario (è presente un'insegna bianca e blu per il rifugio Sauch, segnale di divieto per le automobili e cartelli bianchi e rossi di segnalazione)
ParkingÈ possibile parcheggiare nel parcheggio sulla strada per il Lago Santo (coordinate N46°12’0,2 E11°11’40,3 1075 m s.l.m.), sulla sinistra se percorsa in salita.
32T 669259 5118564
Even on relatively short easy outings make sure to take all you need so you don't run into trouble if things take an unexpected turn, for example a storm blows up or you have a sudden drop in energy levels.
What you should have in your rucksack:
- water canteen (1L)
- snacks (e.g. mixed dried fruit or chocolate)
- First aid kit
- windproof jacket
- change of t-shirt and socks (in a plastic bag)
- make sure to wear or at least bring a pair of long trousers
- sun screen
- whistle to attract attention in an emergency
- emergency telephone number Mountain Rescue 112
Make sure you're wearing the right footwear for the trail and season. The going can get rough and rocky underfoot and a pair of hiking boots will protect you from sprains.
And finally... don't forget to bring your camera! You'll need it to capture the stunning views.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view