Among the vineyards, woods and flavors of the Cembra Valley
Hiking trail • Altopiano di Pine' and Valle di Cembra
9 km food and wine itinerary, on easy walking roads, to discover the flavors and the territory of Giovo in the Cembra Valley.
Relaxing stroll to meet local producers and restaurants with km-0 cuisine, admiring very varied views of the Valley: from the terraced vineyards, result of a "heroic" cultivation and recently named "Historic rural landscape of Italy", to lush woods and green and enchanted meadows .
We advise you to check opening hours of the agriturismus and restaurants and to make a reservation.
Among the points of historical interest we mention the church of San Floriano in Valternigo, which can be reached with a short detour and, in loc. Ville, the remaining tower of the ancient Castello della Rosa.
AuthorResponsabile A.p.T Piné Cembra YM
Updated: April 19, 2021
Degree of difficulty according to the common symbols: route E (on asphalted and dirt road)
External risks present along the route: secondary roads busy with work vehicles mainly in spring and autumn
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Tips, hints and links
For further information and contacts: ApT Piné Cembra
Along the way are to be found the following producers and restaurants:
- Agritur Simoni, Palù di Giovo
- Villa Corniole Winery, Verla di Giovo
- Fior di Bosco restaurant, Masen di Giovo
In the direct vicinity we point out:
- Agritur Maso Pomarolli, Palù di Giovo
- Devigili Winery, Giovo
- Maso Franch restaurant, Giovo
ParkingAt the beginning of the village of Palù di Giovo, near the sports hall, it is possible to park the car and from there walk towards the square.
32T 665259 5113848
Even on relatively short easy outings make sure to take all you need so you don't run into trouble if things take an unexpected turn, for example a storm blows up or you have a sudden drop in energy levels.
What you should have in your rucksack:
- water canteen (1L)
- snacks (e.g. mixed dried fruit or chocolate)
- First aid kit
- windproof jacket
- change of t-shirt and socks (in a plastic bag)
- make sure to wear or at least bring a pair of long trousers
- sun screen
- whistle to attract attention in an emergency
- emergency telephone number Mountain Rescue 112
Make sure you're wearing the right footwear for the trail and season. The going can get rough and rocky underfoot and a pair of hiking boots will protect you from sprains.
And finally... don't forget to bring your camera! You'll need it to capture the stunning views.
Push the arrows to change the view