Tassullo, a town with age-old churches and noble buildings
The inhabited part of Tassullo is made up by scattered villages. It is also the municipal centre of Quattro Ville, which features the villages of Campo, Rallo, Pavillo and Sanzenone. They are located on the terraces overlooking the right side of the Noce river and, down in the valley, the barrage of Lake Santa Giustina.
Tassullo used to belong to the Bishop of Trento in 1207, and after that it passed to the Appianos, to Tyrol Earls and the Spaurs. Castel Valer, with its beautiful octagonal tower, is located nearby. Over the centuries houses have been built all around the castle according to the architectural styles of the time (between 1400 and 1600).
The parish church of Santa Maria Assunta, dating back to 1101, is worth visiting. On the church square you can also admire Palazzo Pilati - now hosting the Town Hall - with its characteristic well and Pilati family's tombstone. The road leading to Nanno features another small church, the chiesetta di S. Vigilio, dating back to 1495.
The delightful walk called Quattro Ville in Fiore, held every year on April, 25th to celebrate the blooming of the apple trees, is a decade long established tradition.