Walk to the Rifugio Stella Alpina Spiz Piaz
Hiking trail • Val di Fassa
Discover the wonder of the Val di Fassa Dolomites.
Enter the heart of the Val di Fassa Dolomites, walking in one of the most extraordinary Dolomitic environments in Trentino.
The enormous eastern face of the Catinaccio is a true masterpiece of nature. In German, the peak is known as Rosengarten (the Rose Garden). This refers to both the alpenglow phenomenon (“enrosadira” in the local Ladino, which means “to turn pink”), and to a peculiar local legend that we suggest you investigate yourself.
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 118.
Hiking boots/shoes, windbreaker.
SS48 delle Dolomiti coming from Val di Fiemme, or SS41 coming from Bolzano - Val D’Ega. You can leave your car in the parking area for the “Ciampedie” ski lift facilities. The ski lift facility is connected to the town with an escalator that leads directly to the entrance.
Vigo di Fassa, parking area for the “Ciampedie” ski lift facilities.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.