Hike to Rifugio Monte Lefre
Mountain tour • Valsugana, Lagorai, Vigolana and Valle dei Mocheni
Experience the expansive views of Valsugana
Rifugio Monte Lefre is located almost at the top of the mountain of the same name, in a position that dominates the Valsugana.
Just a short walk from Rifugio Monte Lefre, along a comfortable trail heading west, you reach the wonderful “Belvedere del Monte Lefre”, with the remains of the “Caposaldo”, a series of posts and observation stations dating back to WWI and WWII. There is a grand view of the Valsugana.
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 118.
Hiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes. Telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
On road SS47 della Valsugana to the exit at Strigno, Ivano Fracena. You quickly reach Castel Ivano and then Fracena. You cross the town going East, until you reach a free parking area clearly visible on your left.
Fracena locality (447m)
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.