Hike to Rifugio Malga Cianci
Mountain tour • Val di Fassa
Climb to the feet of the immense Marmolada
Rifugio Malga Cianci, in the heart of Val Contrin, is set on a green meadow with extraordinary views of the Fassa Dolomites and of the pinnacles of the Marmolada massif.
With the shuttle bus service (a paid service) it is possible to reach Baita Locia and “save” a 300 m cumulative elevation gain.
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 118.
Hiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes.
SS48 delle Dolomiti until Alba di Canazei, in the Fedaia Pass direction (SS641). Go to the Ciampac Ski Lift, which is clearly visible.
Ciampac Ski Lift Parking Area.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.