Hike from Rifugio Barricata to Castelloni di San Marco
Mountain tour • Valsugana, Lagorai, Vigolana and Valle dei Mocheni
A trip through the history of the Ortigara peaks, sacred to the homeland.
Rifugio Barricata is located on the green Marcesina plateau, a small piece of Trentino in the larger Altipiano dei Sette Comuni, in the Veneto Region.
Rifugio Barricata is an excellent stop-over and arrival point for renowned and beautiful mountain bike and racing bike routes. In winter, it is an essential part of the huge Nordic skiing district that links the slopes of Asiago, Marcesina, Campomulo, and Valmaron, one of the most beautiful cross-country skiing districts in Italy.
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 118.
Hiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes. Telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
With road SS47 della Valsugana to Primolano. Then on road SP76, passing by Enego and continuing beyond until you find directions for Marcesina and Rifugio Barricata.
Alternatively, with road SS47 della Valsugana to Selva (Grigno Valsugana). From here you follow the picturesque “strada della Barricata” to the mountain hut. This road has traffic restrictions. For information on when the road is open, ask the mountain hut managers for information.
Barricata locality (1351m)
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.