The Dos Paion panoramic point - Monte Corona
Easy and relaxing walk in the forest that streches over Monte Corona in the Cembra Valley, with a stop at the panoramic point of the Doss Paion. Here observation of the eastern Trentino peaks and the renowned vineyards of Giovo is possible.
Distance 6 km
The route starts from the village of Ville, a panoramic hamlet overlooking the verdant basin of the municipality of Giovo, characteristic for the vineyards terraces. From the center of the village, where the ruins of Castello della Rosa are still visible, now private property, take the way up in the woods that on the plateau above the town and from there follow the road in direction Monte Corona, passing by the apple orchards. After a while you will see on the left the the direction for Dos Paion on a forest road.
The route turns around the mountain and passes through a dense forest of beech, pine and fir, until it meets the crossroads where the path that leads to the panoramic point in "Dos Paion" starts. On the peak are to be found a comfortable pitch with table and benches, perfect for refreshment, the view of the lower Cembra Valley and the mountain ranges of eastern Trentino, and the large metal cross placed at the access of the summit. It is a medium difficulty hike, with some ups and downs. The path becomes slightly steep in the final strech to the top.
Safety informationTHE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Tips and hintsPiné Cembra Tourist Office - Tel. +39 0461 683110 - email@example.com - www.visitpinecembra.it
Getting thereThe village of Ville di Giovo can be reached by car in about half an hour from Trento. Follow the road SS12 north and then the road SS612 in the direction 'Via ai molini' in Verla di Giovo. Cross Verla, follow Via ai Boscati and 'Via al Gréc' and then SP131 in the direction of Via del Famoso in Ville.
ParkingIt is possible to park in the free parking areas near the church of Ville di Giovo.
32T 666519 5114997
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentHiking shoes, rain-jacket, water, sun cream.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view