Walk to the Rifugio Fredarola
Hiking trail • Val di Fassa
Here is the right opportunity to enjoy a sunset in the Dolomites.
The Rifugio Fredarola is located along the “Via del Pane” (Viel del Pan – Bread Way), an ancient mountain route that runs above Lake Fedaia. A breathtaking view over the Marmolada mountain.
We strongly suggest travelling along the “Viel del Pan” - an essential hike not only in the upper Val di Fassa but in all of Trentino, owing to its sensational view over the entire Marmolada and over Lake Fedaia.
Updated: May 08, 2020
Safety informationThis route is to be avoided in bad weather or poor visibility.
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereSS48 delle Dolomiti, until Passo Pordoi.
ParkingThe Passo Pordoi parking area.
EquipmentHiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes. Telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.