Trekking Val Calamento – Malga Cagnon di Sopra
Mountain tour • Valsugana, Lagorai, Vigolana and Valle dei Mocheni
Nice easy climb trough the untouched Val Calamento to Malga Cagnon di Sopra
The long Val Calamento stretches in an east-westerly direction and is crossed by a nice, mostly tarmac, road. The characteristic meadows and high peaks that surround it make this corner of Trentino really fascinating.
Although not particularly demanding in terms of elevation, the route turns out very long in its overall development. However, gradients are never excessive.
It's doable also with a cross-buggy. From Malga Cagnon di Sotto the rout becomes gravel but it remains smooth and easy.
The route is also suitable for families. Pay attention to its length.
You can bring along a Cross pushchair; from Malga Cagnon di Sotto the road turns into a dirt road, but is still rather lovely.
Updated: September 09, 2019
Safety information1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereFrom the town of Borgo Valsugana drive up to Telve and continue towards Passo Manghen. Climb up Val Calamento until you reach Malga Valtrighetta (on the left, 1445 m). Park the car in the car park opposite the hut which hosts a small restaurant/bar where you can have some refreshments at the end of the route.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.