Trek to Sottosassa - Val Travignolo
Hiking trail • Val di Fiemme
Nice hike trough Val Travignolo watching the Lagorai
This walk takes place inside the gorge of Sottosassa (Val Travignolo), only a short distance away from Predazzo. This narrow valley was hollowed out of porphyry rock by the Travignolo Torrent over the course of millennia, a process which has led to the formation of characteristic pools, dips and bulges. The very limpid water which flows through, down, or over such obstacles comes from springs high up in the peaks of the Lagorai range.
This walk is especially enjoyable during the warm season when the cool generated by the lush wood as well as by the waters of the torrent is even more welcome. Most of the walk takes place on a forest road, which makes it suitable even for families with children in pushchairs.
Suitable for families.
Updated: September 10, 2019
Safety information1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereFollow the SS48 (Val di Fiemme national road) up to Predazzo. Once there, follow the Passo Rolle road (SS50) for about 2 km until you see a large lay-by on your right often used for stacking timber. Turn right into the small road to Val Travignolo (signposted for a campsite). Drive past the campsite, cross a stone bridge and park your vehicle in the lay-by just beyond it.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.