Tour of the Saent Waterfalls
Hiking trail • Val di Sole
The circular tour of the Saent Waterfalls takes you to one of the most suggestive corners of Northwestern Trentino , at the foot of the foamy cascades created by the Rabbies Torrent.
The itinerary runs inside the Stelvio National Park , in the Ortles-Cevedale Massif, cut by the evocative Val del Saent.
The difference in height (about 200 m ) can be tackled in one go, along a rather steep narrow stepped trail. Even though the itinerary can be tough, it is nevertheless recommended for families with children, obviously without a pushchair.
The itinerary is recommended also for families with children, but without stroller.
Updated: September 06, 2019
Safety information1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereDriving along the “SS42 della Valle di Non e Valle di Sole” national road, just before the town of Malè take the uphill fork on the right in the direction of Val di Rabbi. Cross the entire valley and continue towards “Bagni di Rabbi” to the “Coler” car park at the top of the valley; the rates are € 3 for the whole day (you need to pay at the ticket machine, so make sure you have change). From the car park there’s a shuttle bus service (the ticket costs € 5) to Malga Stablasol. The ticket is valid for the whole day for any bus of the Stelviobus Rabbi Service.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.