Torre di Pisa
Mountain tour • Val di Fiemme
Climb to the Torre di Pisa refuge which owes its name to a nearby oblique peak
The route that leads to Rifugio Torre di Pisa is truly picturesque and satisfying in terms of the hike and the view. Even though it is just a “walk”, the route is never trivial or boring, and at every turn you will discover a new perspective, in a little known and uncrowded area of the Dolomites.
Updated: September 06, 2019
Safety informationThis route is suitable for families in relatively good shape. Some parts are slightly exposed: pay attention if you are taking children on the hike. Without using the ski lift facilities, it is possible to climb to Alpe di Pampeago and park in Prà del Vedel, at an elevation of 1900 m. In this case, the cumulative elevation gain increases by 175 m. We suggest you take a look northwards, beyond the mountain hut, in the direction of the Campanili del Latemar, a beautiful and articulated series of Dolomitic pinnacles.
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
The route begins at Passo Feudo, the uphill station of the Pampeago ski lift facilities. There are two ways to get to the pass:
From Predazzo with the Latemar 2200 cable car, and a ski lift.
From Alpe di Pampeago, using the Passo Feudo ski lift (32), located just below the parking area at the no-entry sign on the road leading to Passo Pampeago.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.