Rifugio Denza - Lake Presanella
Mountain tour • Val di Sole
Hike to the Denza Hut & Lake
This route unwinds in a majestic, high mountain environment. The sinuous north wall of Cima Presanella looms over hikers throughout the ascent from a height of 3558 m.
It is certainly a route that remains impressed in one's memory for the majesty of the place, featuring glaciers, snow-covered gullies, screes and small alpine lakes.
Updated: September 09, 2019
Safety informationSafety information
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereBetween Chalet al Foss and former Forte Strino, on the national road climbing from Vermiglio to Passo del Tonale, is a crossroads that allows to descend in the direction of Velon and Baita Velon.
100-150 m after Baita Velon, as you go down, you will see on the right the start of a dirt road going up to former Forte Pozzi Alti. Leave the tarmac road and, turning right, take the dirt road. SAT signs and Rifugio Denza sign.
The road climbs up narrow, with numerous hairpin bends, to 1879 m altitude where you find a car park near the former Forte Pozzi Alti.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.