Passo Grostè - Rif. Graffer - Corna Rossa trail – Vallesinella
Mountain tour • Madonna di Campiglio, Pinzolo and Val Rendena
This pleasant excursion leads downhill along the southern slopes of Altipiano del Grostè, through mountain meadows and fir woods and across impetuous water courses heading down to the valley floor.
The panorama that accompanies trekkers along the first part of the descent is enchanting: in the foreground you can see the Brenta Group, while Cima Presanella, the Carè Alto chain and the Cevedale Group are in the background. Another key feature of this itinerary is water, which reigns supreme in the last leg of the trek, dominated by the suggestive upper Vallesinella waterfalls, with their numerous bridges, steps and jets of water.
Updated: September 05, 2019
Safety information1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereGo to the northern edge of the town of Madonna di Campiglio, between Campo Carlo Magno and the town itself, where the Grostè Cableway starts (on the east side of the road). Here there’s a car park for a fee. Take the cableway to the uphill station of the Grostè Cableway – Rifugio Stoppani (2440 m).
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.