Lupo Bianco – Rifugio Valentini at Passo Sella
Mountain tour • Val di Fassa
Easy hike at hi altitude from Lupo Bianco Hotel to Rifugio Valentini
This suggestive trek from the Lupo Bianco (Canazei) to the grassy slopes of Passo Sella is one of the most interesting if you want to enjoy the local uncontaminated nature and breathtaking views. The upper part offers some unmissable scenery, with the succession of Dolomite pinnacles and mountains: the Marmolada glaciers, the Sella massif, the impressive wall of mount Ciavazes, the huge Sass Pordoi and the seemingly never-ending rocky wall of the Sasso Lungo. The itinerary is sparsely frequented, even in summer.
Updated: September 06, 2019
Safety information1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereTake the “SS48 Valli di Fiemme e Fassa” national road to Canazei in the direction of Passo Sella. After about 5 km you reach the “Lupo Bianco” Hotel & Restaurant, on the left, with a large car park.
32T 713468 5152315
EquipmentUseful: telescopic walking sticks
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.