Hike to the Rifugio Treviso
Mountain tour • San Martino di Castrozza, Passo Rolle, Primiero and Vanoi
Reach the most peaceful and picturesque corner of the Pala Group.
The Rifugio Treviso is surrounded by the quiet woods at the feet of the gigantic Sass d’Ortiga.
Updated: September 03, 2019
Safety informationTrail 707 is characterised by roots and stones. In wet or very humid conditions it becomes slippery. Telescopic hiking sticks are suggested.
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Hiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes. Telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
You reach Fiera di Primiero along road SS50. In Tonadico, you turn onto road SS347 in the direction of Passo Cereda, Val Canali. When you reach Castelpietra, you turn left for Val Canali and park in Cant del Gal locality (1175 m). If permitted (access is regulated depending on the season), you can continue along Val Canali. In this case, you can park in the large areas on the right side of the road.
Cant del Gal locality (1175m) or Val Canali road (1250m)
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.