Hike to Rifugio Viel del Pan
Mountain tour • Val di Fassa
Rifugio Viel del Pan, where walking rhymes with pleasure.
RIfugio Viel del Pan is located in one of the most picturesque places in Trentino, and the easy walk to reach the mountain hut is indescribably beautiful. You walk on a comfortable and wide track that literally cuts through the sloping green meadow towards the fantastic North face of the Marmolada and of the Gran Vernel. Located in a solitary and silent position, far from the roads and ski lifts, it is the ideal environment to turn walking into a work of art.
After having reached Rifugio Viel del Pan, we suggest continuing along the “via del pane” until you reach Lago Fedaia (after Rifugio Viel del Pan, the path becomes narrower and less “comfortable”).
Updated: May 08, 2020
Safety informationSince the trail is at high altitude, we suggest always carrying suitable clothing.
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereSS48 delle Dolomiti, until Passo Pordoi.
ParkingThe Passo Pordoi parking area.
EquipmentHiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes. Telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.