Hike to Rifugio Passo delle Selle Bergvagabunden Hütte
Mountain tour • Val di Fassa
A walk in the Monzoni mountain group.
Reaching Rifugio Passo delle Selle Bergvagabunden Hütte from Valle dei Monzoni is an unforgettable experience.
In the period between the first Sunday of September and October, entry to Malga Monzoni (1860 m) is free. Just another reason to seize the opportunity to reach the mountain hut.
Updated: September 03, 2019
Safety informationThis is a relatively long route. Although there are stop-over and refreshment points along the trail, it is best to set out with an adequate amount of water/energy drinks.
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Hiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes. Telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
Road SS48 delle Dolomiti to Pozza di Fassa, where you take the road to Val San Nicolò (follow directions). You follow this road until you reach Ristorante Malga Crocefisso. Here, immediately after a clearly visible white church, you turn right, following directions for Valle dei Monzoni, and climb for about 1.5 Km until the parking area in Pian dell’Ancona locality. In the summer time, a shuttle service is available. On payment, it allows you to climb to beyond Malga Monzoni, at an elevation of 1860 m.
Parking in Pian dell’Ancona locality (1690m), Valle dei Monzoni.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.