Hike to Rifugio Ghiacciaio Marmolada
Mountain tour • Val di Fassa
A walk at the feet of the Queen of the Dolomites.
Rifugio Ghiacciaio Marmolada is the ideal destination for taking your first steps on the perennial snow of the Dolomites.
Looking at the rocky peaks of the Marmolada (Serauta) you will notice the large holes of the tunnels from World War I. You cannot help being surprised by their incredible height above the glacier... Why is that? This is an excellent starting point for interesting research.
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 118.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Hiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes. Telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
SS48 delle Dolomiti to Canazei. Then follow directions for Passo Fedaia until the Fedaia Dam wall. You leave your car at the parking area of the Fedaia - Pian dei Fiacconi cablecar.
Parking area of the Fedaia - Pian dei Fiacconi cablecar
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.