Hike to Rifugio Baita Cuz
Mountain tour • Val di Fassa
On a trail where it feels like you are flying.
Reaching Rifugio Baita Cuz from Val San Nicolò allows you to enjoy an unrivalled view over Valle di San Nicolò and the Fassa Dolomites.
Just before reaching Rifugio Baita Cuz, on the left (on the way up), you will find signs leading to the beautiful “Punto Panoramico Maerins” [Maerins Panoramic Point], which you reach after a very short detour. Don’t miss it.
Updated: August 29, 2019
Safety information1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
In case of wet or damp weather, the path may become quite slippery. Telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
Getting thereRoad SS48 delle Dolomiti to Pozza di Fassa, where you take the road to Val San Nicolò (follow directions). You follow this road until you reach Ristorante Malga Crocefisso. You continue along the paved road to the left and climb up to Sauch, where you find the parking area.
ParkingParking area in Sauch locality - Val San Nicolò (1720m).
32T 710493 5144810
EquipmentHiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes. Telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.