Hike from Rifugio Buffaure to Sass D’Adam
Mountain tour • Val di Fassa
The best part of being on the peak.
Rifugio Buffaure is the starting point for this panoramic walk that follows the narrow western ridge of the Sass D’Adam.
If you are in good enough shape, don’t miss the opportunity to make the full crossing of the ridge on trail 613, all the way to Passo San Nicolò.
Updated: August 29, 2019
Safety information1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Don’t walk this trail in case of fog or bad weather. The ridge is narrow, and it is best not to get lost on these steep slopes.
Getting thereRoad SS48 delle Dolomiti to Pozza di Fassa, where you take the road to Val San Nicolò (follow directions). On your way out of the town, you stop at the downhill station of the Pozza-Buffaure ski lift facilities, on the left hand side of the road. You reach Rifugio Buffaure by Cablecar.
ParkingParking at the Pozza-Buffaure ski lift facility.
32T 709190 5145499
EquipmentHiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes. Telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.