Mountain tour • Val di Fassa
A perfect itinerary to discover the white deep heart of Catinaccio Dolomites
Cima Scalieret, located to the south of Catinaccio d’Antermoia, dominates from the east the upper Valle del Vajolet. It can be reached via a marvellous circular route passing by the Vajolet and Passo Principe mountain huts and skirting the base of the majestic Catinaccio d’Antermoia, up to the summit along the broad north ridge; from here, the last stretch of the circular route takes you along the “Sentiero Don Guido” trail, via the “Passo delle Pope” and back to the Vajolet. This awe-inspiring itinerary penetrates the heart of the Gruppo del Catinaccio massif, allowing you to discover the most important peaks of the range, such as Torri del Vajolet, Catinaccio, Cima Vajolet, Punta Emma, Catinaccio d'Antermoia and Dirupi di Larsech.
Updated: September 10, 2019
Safety information1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereThis itinerary starts at Rifugio Gardeccia: you can arrive walking from the mountain station of Ciampedie lift
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.