BOULDER CITY - Pietramurata
Along the road that leads to Lake Garda, at the foot of Monte Brento and beneath the famous “Becco dell’Aquila” (literally “Eagle’s Beak”) – launching point for numerous base-jumpers that come here from across the globe – the Boulder City climbing centre stands as a true bastion of bouldering. A comfortable and functional indoor gym with colourful walls and which, as you enter, calls to mind the belly of a giant whale. The interconnected system of climbing routes offers dozens of routes, set across over 650 square metres of panels and dotted with holds of every shape and size imaginable: you’ll truly be spoilt for choice! Test yourself along the simpler, more straightforward routes or maybe challenge your limits with more difficult paths. There are also two small climbing walls for beginners at the end of the gym, dominated by an image of the bare face of Monte Brento, whereas in the heart of the gym you’ll find a maze of artificial boulders and overhangs, the perfect place to practice and perfect various techniques and manoeuvres.
The grassy area reserved for climbers is a true pleasure, fittingly equipped with fun and games in mind. The various routes have been set with holds similar to those used on “big” routes and, once they’ve concluded their climb, children can slide back down along a vertical pole, just like a firefighter, guaranteeing great fun for all and filling the gym with squeals of excitement and laughter. The atmosphere in Boulder City is very informal, friendly and visually enriched by the various “multicoloured” routes, attentively installed and managed by a technical staff made up of bouldering veterans who have participated in many international competitions, such as Alessandro Gandalf and Jiad. No doubt these climbers will only be too happy to lend a helping hand and give some tips and technical advice on how to overcome a particularly difficult “block”, maybe pulling on their climbing shoes for a demonstration.
INFO & MORE
- Possible to hire climbing shoes
- Large free car park in front of the climbing gym
- Next to the gym there’s a bar with food and refreshments
- The staff of Boulder City organises courses for children and youths. For more advanced participants, such courses are given a competitive edge
- Flexible opening hours that vary from season to season and depend on weather conditions. In the case of rain the gym remains open from 10am-10pm. Download the opening hours here: https://asdbouldercity.it/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ORARI-JPG-Orariannuali.jpg