Biblioteca Muratori, in Cavalese, was founded in 1756 by Don Gian Pietro Muratori, a priest who was born in Cavalese. Since its origin, the Library has been an open place for anybody who wanted and had the possibility to learn new things; it was indeed created as a public library. The “Libraria” was an ambitious project, which caused various sacrifices to its founder. Muratori imposed himself a strict scheme of savings in order to buy and maintain the books, many of which were second-hand or in paperback. He personally took care of the catalogue, the furniture and the Rules which defined the procedure of preservation and consultation of the books. The volumes mostly date from 1500 to 1700. The library has been closed for many years, preserving its precious treasure almost intact. It is still located in its eighteen-century location: a small unaltered room in a building which was renovated during the last century.
Open all year
Entrance and guided tours only with reservation and for groups of max. 8 people