Val di Fassa Marathon
The 12th edition of Val di Fassa Marathon presents a new itinerary for athletes and afifcionados
ATTENTION: The opening of cultural and tourist sites, access to them, to public transport and to the services described in these pages is governed by the containment measures put in place by the government authorities and the Autonomous Province of Trento to deal with the COVID-19 health emergency. The rules may vary over time and provide for the application of different security measures — from closure, to social distancing, to the mandatory use of personal protective equipment such as gloves and masks. We therefore ask you to consult the section Travelling safely on this website and to contact the managers directly for updated information on how to gain access.
The 12th edition of the Val di Fassa Marathon, scheduled for Sunday, September 8th in Moena, will take place on a new track, due to the bad weather that caused the temporary closure of some trails last October. The track of about 40 km (from Marathon to the Gran Fondo point to point), with an altitude gap of 1.800 metres, 5 hard ascents and 5 important descents, will surely satisfy the expectations of athletes and MTB aficionados. A sport event that recalls a huge international interest and that concludes a whole week-end of side events, such as the "Green Day Race 5 Sport", a day dedicated to ecology and sustainability, with 5 promotional races to and the E-Bike Tour, from Moena to Fuciade, on Saturday 7th September. Some details of the race:
- departure and arrival in the square in Moena with double passage through the town-centre, followed by pasta-party and awarding ceremony;
- Moena Bike Festival, a week-end of sport, music, fun and bike-trial show;
- ascent of the "Fratte" (4 km, average incline of 8% on a forest road);
- ascent of the "Cune" (9 km, 1.000 metres of altitude gap, average incline of 10% on a forest road);
- ascent "Colvere" (3 km, average incline of 6% on a forest road);
- ascent "Pian Confolin" (2 km; average incline of 10% on a forest road);
- descent "Bait del Guglielmo" (medium/easy single track of 2 km);
- descent "Zigolada" (demanding single track of 3 km);
- descent "Cune-Rezila" (3 km on a medium/easy forest road);
- 2nd Trofeo del Pompier - firefighters trophy.