Val di Fassa Marathon
The 12th edition of Val di Fassa Marathon presents a new itinerary for athletes and afifcionados
The 12th edition of the Val di Fassa Marathon, scheduled for Sunday, September 8th in Moena, will take place on a new track, due to the bad weather that caused the temporary closure of some trails last October. The track of about 40 km (from Marathon to the Gran Fondo point to point), with an altitude gap of 1.800 metres, 5 hard ascents and 5 important descents, will surely satisfy the expectations of athletes and MTB aficionados. A sport event that recalls a huge international interest and that concludes a whole week-end of side events, such as the "Green Day Race 5 Sport", a day dedicated to ecology and sustainability, with 5 promotional races to and the E-Bike Tour, from Moena to Fuciade, on Saturday 7th September. Some details of the race:
- departure and arrival in the square in Moena with double passage through the town-centre, followed by pasta-party and awarding ceremony;
- Moena Bike Festival, a week-end of sport, music, fun and bike-trial show;
- ascent of the "Fratte" (4 km, average incline of 8% on a forest road);
- ascent of the "Cune" (9 km, 1.000 metres of altitude gap, average incline of 10% on a forest road);
- ascent "Colvere" (3 km, average incline of 6% on a forest road);
- ascent "Pian Confolin" (2 km; average incline of 10% on a forest road);
- descent "Bait del Guglielmo" (medium/easy single track of 2 km);
- descent "Zigolada" (demanding single track of 3 km);
- descent "Cune-Rezila" (3 km on a medium/easy forest road);
- 2nd Trofeo del Pompier - firefighters trophy.
You may also like ...