Santa Giuliana: the memory case
Historic guided tour to the gothic church of Santa Giuliana in Vigo
ATTENTION: The opening of cultural and tourist sites, access to them, to public transport and to the services described in these pages is governed by the containment measures put in place by the government authorities and the Autonomous Province of Trento to deal with the COVID-19 health emergency. The rules may vary over time and provide for the application of different security measures — from closure, to social distancing, to the mandatory use of personal protective equipment such as gloves and masks. We therefore ask you to consult the section Travelling safely on this website and to contact the managers directly for updated information on how to gain access.
Guided visit to the gothic church of Santa Giuliana and to the war cemetery. Meeting point at the Tourist Office of Vigo di Fassa at 9.30 a.m. Free excursion; difficult: medium-easy.
The church of Saint Juliana lies upstream of the village of Vigo. It is the patronal church of Val di Fassa, extremely rich in art and history. It is not possible to date back the very first church, which was sure poor and small, but sure is the fact that during the XV century it was re-constructed and consecrated on the 23rd July 1452.
The church is open to the public Thursdays and Saturdays, from 4.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m