Saint Antonio Feast
Alba celebrates its patron saint Sant’Antonio and the beginning of the Ladin Carnival
Sant’Antonio, the patron saint of Alba di Canazei, is celebrated on January 17. The same day marks the beginning of the Ladin Carnival, and the feast goes on until Mardi Gras, with the "mascheredès" (amusing plays in Ladin language), masked parades in the villages (with the "faceres", wooden masks made out of wood by the local sculptors), dancing, sleigh parades and torchlight processions.
Sant’Antonio feast programme:
- at 11.00 a.m. Holy Mass by the church in Alba;
- an open-air aperitif will follow in front of the old theatre in Alba;
- from 12.30 p.m. lunch offered by the community of Alba by the old theatre in Alba (reserved only for the Alba’s and Penìa’s residents);
- after the lunch, lottery with prizes;
- in the evening (from 8.30 p.m.) music by the square in Alba.
You may also like ...