Mizuno SnowVolley Marathon
An unmissable tournament on the snow with jumps, slam dunks, much fun and involving "white" parties
A net, a volleyball, gloves, hot mulled wine, much snow and the desire of getting involved. These are the ingredients of the Mizuno SnowVolley Marathon® 2020: a Hot Ice week-end in Moena, from 7th to 9th February, dedicated to this alpine discipline that is now practiced worldwide and by more and more people.
Snow volley is the winter version of beach volley. People play on snow, rather than on the sand, following the rules given by the International Volleyball Federation. Professional athletes as well as passionate players can take part to the tournament, divided in the following categories women 3x3, men 3x3 and mixed 4x4. The happening of Moena is also part of the "Acqua San Bernardo Snow Volley Tour" by Snow Volley Italia (at its 6th edition), insomuch that the participants of the 3x3 categories can earn points valid for the Italian ranking that assign the title of "King and Queen of the snow". Moreover, the snow volley is protagonist of the Deejay Xmasters that follow the most original winter actions sports with a special Winter Tour and even an Xmasters Village on the slopes of San Pellegrino Pass, few kilometres far from Moena - heart of the entertainment and of the week-end soundtrack by the famous Italian team of "Radio Deejay". Among the proposed activities, "human bowling", snowtubing, snowboard and ski tests, après ski, parties and off-road test drive on the latest Truck Jeep autos.
Programme Mizuno SnowVolley Marathon® 2020 & Deejay Xmasters - Friday, February 7th:
- from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. - Qualification round 3X3 M/W;
- from 4.00 p.m. - Après ski with MisteRicky and BigTommy;
- the party goes on by Nibada Pub with DJ set and by Bar Navalge with ladin disco dance.
Programme Mizuno SnowVolley Marathon® 2020 & Deejay Xmasters - Saturday, February 8th:
- from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. - Finals 3X3 M/W, Qualification round 4X4 MT;
- at 12.00 p.m. - Performance of Aaron Durogati, paragliding athlete, on San Pellegrino Pass;
- 3.00/4.00 p.m. - Flights with Aaron Durogati (info and reservations firstname.lastname@example.org);
- at 4.00 p.m. - Awarding ceremony;
- afterwards - Après ski with MisteRicky and BigTommy;
- at 9.30 p.m. - Presentation of the video of Aaron Durogati, followed by the Party in the Square (Piaz de Sotegrava);
- the party goes on by Nibada Pub and Bar Navalge with Hit Party.
Programme Mizuno SnowVolley Marathon® 2020 & Deejay Xmasters - Sunday, February 9th:
- from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. - Finals 4X4 MT;
- at around 12.00 p.m. - The paragliding athlete Aaron Durogati descends from Alpe Lusia to the Snow Volley Marathon field;
- at 4.00 p.m. - Awarding ceremony.
During the week-end, the Sanpe Snowpark on San Pellegrino pass, one of the riders' favourite spots due to its lines in American-style, will host a competion of the Snowboard Freestyle Italian Cup (discipline Slopestyle and Big Air) organised by FISI - Italian Winter Sport Federation. The event will gather about 80 among the strongest Italian and international snowboarders.