#fuori gli ASPARAGI! It’s asparagus time!
FROM THE FIELD TO THE PLATE: THE WORLD OF ZAMBANA DECO WHITE ASPARAGUS.
JOIN THE HARVESTING IN THE FIELDS AND THE TASTING
23 April - 13 May 2017, every day
Get acquainted with the delicate taste of Zambana white asparagus, one of Trentino’s top gastronomic products!
Included in Slow Food's Ark of Taste and DECO (local designation of origin) certified, the white asparagus is cultivated with passion and enthusiasm by the villagers of Zambana on the sandy shores of the River Adige. Produced in small quantities, this delicious vegetable cannot be bought in large supermarkets, instead it is freshly-picked and sold locally, where it can be tasted in all its goodness in May.
This year you have the unique chance to appreciate it in all its aspects: from the field to the plate!
Legendary Zambana grower Lorenzo will take guests to one of the asparagus fields, where, thrusting their hands into the earth, they’ll gather the precious vegetable, then clean it and deliver it into the hands of Daniele, chef of the Vecchia Zambana restaurant. And finally... let’s eat!
- Cost: €15 per person (children under 14 free)
- When: 2 pm (duration: about 2 hours)
- Bookings must be made at least 48 hours in advance at the Consorzio Turistico (Tourist Association) in Mezzolombardo (MON-FRI 9 am-4 pm, Tel. +39 0461 1752525 / email@example.com)
In April and May there will also be the chance to attend some great food and wine events celebrating the white asparagus:
- 22 April: Tutti i Tempi dell'Asparago
- 28 April - 1 May: the Festa Patronale dell'Asparago Bianco (Zambana White Asparagus Festival)
- 20 - 21 May: Tutti #fuori