DoloMyths Run Skyrace
Spectacular high mountain race from Canazei to Piz Boè and back, part of the prestigious circuit "Golden Trail World Series"
From July 17 to 19, Val di Fassa and Canazei in particular become the capital of mountain running. Thanks to the DoloMyths Run that counts on an excellent organizing committee - directed by Diego Salvador - and to the contribution of such a prestigious company as Salomon, sky running will be protagonist of a weekend of splendour, with four difficult but spectacular races. After the beginning of the event, on Sunday, July 19 it’s time for the main event: the DoloMyths Run Skyrace (former Dolomites Skyrace), which from 2019 has entered the top circuit "golden Trail World Series". The track of 22 km,of which10 uphill and 12 downhill and with a positive altitude gap of 1,950 m - departing at 8.30 a.m. from "Piaz G. Marconi" in Canazei to reach "Piz Boè" at 3,152 metres, through woods, steep walls, the mythical screes of the "Forcella Pordoi" and" Val Lastiès" - has been covered in just over two hours in the last years. The athletes, the so called "sky runner", will compete in extreme conditions, facing demanding tracks, steep inclines and the increasing shortage of air.
Programme DoloMyths Run Skyrace - Sunday, July 19
- 6.00-8.15 a.m.: opening of the race office and bib draw by the Town Hall in the square "Piaz G. Marconi"
- 8.00 a.m.: athletes checking by the race start in the square "Piaz G. Marconi"
- 8.30 a.m.: 23rd edition of the DoloMyths Run Skyrace in the square "Piaz G. Marconi"
- 12.30 p.m.: lunch in the pavillion by the parking area of the "Belvedere" lifts in Canazei
- 3.00 p.m.: prize-giving ceremony of the DoloMyths Run Skyrace and closing of the DoloMyths Run Weekend in the square "Piaz G. Marconi"