DoloMyths Run Skyrace
Spectacular high mountain race from Canazei to Piz Boè and back, part of the prestigious circuit "Golden Trail World Series"
From July 13 to 21, Val di Fassa and Canazei in particular become the capital of mountain running. Thanks to the DoloMyths Run that counts on an excellent organizing committee - directed by Diego Salvador - and to the contribution of such a prestigious company as Salomon, sky running will be protagonist of a week of splendour, with four difficult but spectacular races. After the beginning of the event, on Sunday, July 21 it’s time for the main event: the DoloMyths Run Skyrace (former Dolomites Skyrace), which celebrated its 20th anniversary last year and in 2019 enters the top circuit "golden Trail World Series". The track of 22 km,of which10 uphill and 12 downhill and with a positive altitude gap of 1,950 m - departing at 8.30 a.m. from Piaz Marconi in Canazei to reach Piz Boè at 3,152 metres, through woods, steep walls, the mythical screes of the Forcella Pordoi and Val Lastiès - has been covered in just over two hours in the last years. The athletes, the so called "sky runner", will compete in extreme conditions, facing demanding tracks, steep inclines and the increasing shortage of air.
Programme DoloMyths Run Skyrace - Sunday, July 21
- 6.00-8.15 a.m.: opening of the race office and bib draw by the Town Hall in the square Piaz Marconi
- 8.00 a.m.: athletes checking by the race start in the square Piaz Marconi
- 8.30 a.m.: 22nd edition of the DoloMyths Run Skyrace in the square Piaz Marconi
- 12.30 p.m.: lunch in the pavillion by the parking area of the Belvedere lifts in Canazei
- 3.00 p.m.: prize-giving ceremony of the DoloMyths Run Skyrace and closing of the DoloMyths Run Week in the square Piaz Marconi