DoloMyths Run Skyrace
International skyrunning competition, Canazei-Piz Boè-Canazei. Skyrunner® World Series race
ATTENTION: The opening of cultural and tourist sites, access to them, to public transport and to the services described in these pages is governed by the containment measures put in place by the government authorities and the Autonomous Province of Trento to deal with the COVID-19 health emergency. The rules may vary over time and provide for the application of different security measures — from closure, to social distancing, to the mandatory use of personal protective equipment such as gloves and masks. We therefore ask you to consult the section Travelling safely on this website and to contact the managers directly for updated information on how to gain access.
Sunday 22 July the skyrunners will be the protagonists of the DoloMyths Run Skyrace, the so much awaited mountain running competition (known as Dolomites Skyrace) that this year presents itself under a new logo, the Dolomyths Runs, together with the former Dolomites Vertical Kilometer and the former Sellaronda Trail Running. The race is valid for the Skyrunner® World Series. This spectacular route, with a 22 km length and which from Canazei reaches the Piz Boè at 3,152 m (at the feet of the most impressive Dolomite peaks, passing through woods, steep and craggy tracks and a 1,702 m difference in height), has been covered in the past seasons in just two hours. The descent to the valley crosses Val Lastìes and "Pian Schiavaneis" till Canazei.
Programme DoloMyths Run Skyrace - Sunday 22 July
- 6.00-8.15 a.m.: opening of the race office and bib draw by the Town Hall in the square Piaz Marconi
- 8.00 a.m.: athletes’ checking by the start area in the square Piaz Marconi
- 8.30 a.m.: 21st edition of the DoloMyths Run Skyrace in the square Piaz Marconi
- 12.30 p.m.: lunch in the pavillion by the parking area of the Belvedere lifts in Canazei
- 3.00 p.m.: prize-giving ceremony of the 21st edition of the DoloMyths Run Skyrace and closing of the DoloMyths Run Week in the square Piaz Marconi