10 years of Dolomites Unesco
Events organised by the refuge Roda di Vael for the 10th Anniversary of the Dolomites Unesco
ATTENTION: The opening of cultural and tourist sites, access to them, to public transport and to the services described in these pages is governed by the containment measures put in place by the government authorities and the Autonomous Province of Trento to deal with the COVID-19 health emergency. The rules may vary over time and provide for the application of different security measures — from closure, to social distancing, to the mandatory use of personal protective equipment such as gloves and masks. We therefore ask you to consult the section Travelling safely on this website and to contact the managers directly for updated information on how to gain access.
The Roda di Vael refuge organizes some events to celebrate the Dolomites Unesco World Heritage Site. 5 appointments throughout the summer season, dedicated to Theodor Christomannos, a passionate lovers of climbing and mountaineering from Austria, brilliant pioneer of tourism, promoter of the construction of the Great Road of the Dolomites and of the refuge located at the feet of the Catinaccio. Programme:
- On Saturday, June 8th and on Saturday, September 28th at 11.00 a.m. Theodor Christomannos, brilliant pioneer of tourism. His dream and his vision on the development of tourism in the Dolomites. A book narrated by Virna Pierobon. By the bronze eagle monument (on the panoramic path of the "Majarè");
- On Tuesday, July 16th and on Tuesday, August 6th from 1.30 p.m. to 3.30 p.m. Let’s draw a view of the Dolomites. Drawing workshop with Fabio Vettori, the creator of the famous "formiche" (little ants that inhabit his drawings). Animated narration and activity for children. Booking requested. Cancelled/postponed in case of bad weather;
- On Saturday, August 16th from 10.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. and from 2.00 to 4.00 p.m. Art Mountain Attack. Analogical animation workshop in the open air. Workshop for children, duration: 2 hours (30 mins of narration and 1.30 hours of activity by MarameoLab). Booking requested. Cancelled/postponed in case of bad weather.
How to reach Rifugio Roda di Vael:
- from Vigo di Fassa with the cable car to Ciampedìe, then on foot along the so called "Vial da le Feide" to the crossroads with path no. 541 and descent to Rifugio Roda di Vael (2 hours walk);
- from Passo Costalunga (Vigo di Fassa) with the chair lift Paolina and then on foot along the panoramic path of "Majarè" ("Hirzel-Weg") no. 549 to Rifugio Roda di Vael (1.20 hours walk).
You may also like ...