Holidaying safely in Trentino: accommodation
Trentino’s accommodation services have reorganised to adopt all the measures they need to prevent contagion and guarantee that you can enjoy your stay with complete peace of mind. All organisational arrangements are aimed at preventing gatherings and guaranteeing a safe physical distance of 1 metre from people who are not from your household or are not sharing your accommodation with you. A household, especially with regard to the concept of safe distance, is defined as a group of people who live together, family members, or people who see each other regularly and can share the same holiday accommodation, up to 10 people maximum—wherever the relationship between people and available surfaces can be respected. The members of the group must state these requirements to facility managers and personnel and are the subjective responsibility of the registering guest. By following some clear and basic rules to protect yourself and others, placing your trust in the managers of our facilities and their instructions, you can relax and enjoy a worry-free holiday
What we’re doing to take care of you
Further on in this guide, you will find specific details for different types of accommodation. However, there are a few rules which apply regardless if you decide to stay in a hotel, an apartment or at a campsite. For your convenience, we have listed them below:
- The staff or manager welcoming you at any of Trentino’s facilities will be wearing a mask to guarantee your safety and that of your loved ones. Rest assured that they will be sporting a warm smile underneath it.
- To prevent gatherings from forming, it is better for check-in and check-out procedures to be handled by one person only. It is mandatory to wear a mask, particularly where there are no physical barriers, such as plexiglass screens or windows. Electronic payment systems are also preferred.
- To make the process easier, follow the instructions you will find within the hotel or lodging, observe the routes marked out, and respect queues and waiting times, all while maintaining a safe distance.
- The same precautions and measures which are in place for restaurants and bars apply to the facility’s in-house catering services. Therefore, a minimum distance of 1 metre or physical barriers will be guaranteed between tables and diners from different households or who are not sharing their accommodation. You may be assigned the same table for the entire duration of your stay. Every detail has been taken into consideration to prevent having to pass around objects (e.g. oil bottles, menus, magazines, etc.) which must be for the exclusive use of one table. To find out more about how catering services work, click here.
- As in some restaurants, accommodation facilities may also find it necessary to provide this service in multiple sittings, to guarantee that all guests can enjoy their meals in peace.
- What we’re doing to take care of you If you find an open window, always ask a staff member before closing it. To guarantee a good flow of air, natural ventilation is recommended.
- The wellness centres, pools, spas and solariums attached to the facility are open for use. The individual facilities will provide you with instructions for using these areas based on the available space in order to guarantee minimum distancing between people and comply with the maximum capacities permitted by law (for more information, click here). In any case, gatherings are still prohibited and it is still mandatory to wear masks in common areas. To simplify access to these areas and avoid using changing rooms and other common areas, it is a good idea to get changed in your own room/ apartment/campsite.
- At facilities with mini club services, access shall be limited to guests booked for at least 2 nights and for a maximum time of 2 hours. Permanent groups will be formed to carry out the different activities. Outdoor activities will be prioritised, with distancing guaranteed and making sure not to form gatherings.
For this reason, particular attention will be paid to the presence of operators, who’s number will depend on the age range of the younger guests and, specifically:
- 1 operator for every 4 children from 3 months to 3 years
- 1 operator for every 6 children from 3 to 6 years
- 1 operator for every 7 children from 6 to 11 years
- 1 operator for every 10 children from 11 to 17 years
- The use of lifts, where present, may be subject to capacity limits. Comply with waiting times and the instructions for using these areas.
- If the facility where you have chosen to spend your holiday also provides cleaning services for the rooms you use (bathroom, bedroom, linens service), don’t worry. All housekeeping staff have been trained to follow precise instructions, sanitise surfaces and avoid touching your personal belongings.
In the event of illness or symptoms of COVID-19, inform the management or owner of the facility where you are staying. By no means should you go to A&E and/or the medical clinics located throughout the territory. Instead, contact one of the following numbers:
- 1500 National COVID EMERGENCY Number
- 112 number for all other kind of emergency
- During check-in, you may be asked to consent to a temperature check (safety limit 37.5 °C).
- Stay at least 1 metre away from the people with whom you are not sharing an accommodation and who are not part of your household.
- It is mandatory to wear a mask when you are moving through common areas and in all situations and always when it is not possible to guarantee a minimum safe distance.
- Use hand sanitiser which the facility will make available at various points.
For your convenience, in addition to the instructions and advice we have provided above, which are valid for all types of facilities, we can also give you some useful tips for certain specific types of accommodation.
Hotel and B&Bs
For a holiday with every comfort and peace of mind, you can choose one of Trentino’s hotels. Staff and managers of these facilities will be ready to welcome you and assist you in answering any questions you may have, as well as give you advice on the instructions to follow and the many activities you can enjoy in our region. Many facilities have arranged to provide room service, with the necessary measures to guarantee reduced contact, sanitisation and your complete peace of mind, as much as possible. Remember to wear a mask when members of staff come into your room. If you wish to receive visitors at the hotel where you are staying, inform the staff of this first and follow their instructions in order to allow the smoothest possible performance of the service so that your health and that of other guests can be guaranteed. These conditions also apply to Trentino’s condominiums and guest houses.
If you love camping holidays and don’t want to miss out on spending time with nature, don’t worry. Trentino’s facilities are ready to welcome you! In facilities such as these, common areas like toilets and shower facilities are often used more intensively. For this reason, you may find that you have to observe time restrictions as well as physical distancing in order to allow staff to sanitise the areas that are used by many people. Remember to always wear a mask when accessing these areas and maintain safe physical distancing as much as possible. Each site is like a household, so if you wish to visit your neighbours, you must do so while observing the necessary distancing and always wearing a mask. Washing your hands often is one of the most effective actions you can take, and you are also advised to disinfect them whenever you use utensils or touch surfaces in public areas or which are for common use. But don’t worry. You will find sanitiser dispensers for your use at various points throughout the campsite. If you are travelling with children, keep a close eye on their games and avoid forming gatherings. To find out more about holidaying with your family, click here.
We’ve prepared a special section on these cabins high in the mountains, a typical feature of Alpine regions. Find out more about mountain huts.
If you’re looking for a restful holiday in a rural setting, a stay at a farmhouse is just the thing for you! The rules and regulations we have outlined above are also valid for these facilities. Given that this type of accommodation is often smaller in size, it may be necessary to place limits on the use of common areas. However, your hosts will be able to provide you with all the information you need to enjoy a pleasant stay upon check-in. Many of these facilities have workshops and areas where they sell their products. Check with the manager regarding how to participate or make purchases.
If you prefer a holiday with the rhythms you’re used to at home, you can opt to stay in one of Trentino’s apartments. Given the need to reduce direct contact, check-in may take place in outdoor areas or employing distanced procedures, such as dropping off or returning keys at pre-arranged secure locations. It is mandatory to wear a mask in all common areas. For condominiums, a mask must be worn as soon as you step outside the apartment. When booking, check the policies for the laundering of sheets and towels with the manager, as well as the availability of protective equipment and sanitising gel. If you want a lunch or dinner prepared for you, you can check what home delivery services are available in your area and order a meal directly to your lodgings or for pick-up at your chosen establishment. Find out more about the delivery service.