Cima Nodice – First World War Trail
Mountain tour • Garda Trentino and Valle di Ledro
This short itinerary leads to “Bocca de Lè” and the nearby Cima Nodice, touching a number of scattered trenches along the way, excavated on the mountain slopes during the First World War and bearing witness to the wartime involvement of this corner of Trentino.
Unlike what you might expect, the entire wartime trail is in a state of abandonment, which is a real shame because a little restoration work would enhance the value of this natural balcony with a privileged view overlooking Lake Garda.
Updated: September 04, 2019
Safety information1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereFrom Val di Ledro drive to the church of Pregasina , which is located to the south of the village and can be seen from the road during the approach. You can park either near the entrance to the church (few parking spaces) or beneath the retaining wall, on the east side of the church, where there is a much larger car park. The itinerary begins just behind the church.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.