Church of San Giovanni - Bivacco Arcioni
Mountain tour • Garda Trentino and Valle di Ledro
This itinerary follows an old winding cartway ascending Val Vasotina, on the slopes of Cima Rocca, to the small mountain church of San Giovanni, which is visible from the town below, and then in a few minutes to the Arcioni camp, a privileged viewing point towards the more renowned Cima Capi.
Il percorso si snoda lungo una vecchia carrareccia che si inerpica in Val Vasotina, salendo lungo il versante di Cima Rocca. L’itinerario permette di raggiungere la piccola chiesetta dedicata a San Giovanni, visibile dal paese, ed in pochi minuti di raggiungere il bivacco Arcioni, balcone preferenziale sulla più famosa Cima Capi.
Updated: September 09, 2019
Safety information1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereReach the village of Biacesa , in Val di Ledro. At the only traffic lights, turn left (coming uphill from Riva del Garda) and cross the village. Turn right at the second turning and drive towards the sports field, where there’s a large car park.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.