Around lake Serraia and lake Piazze
Hiking trail • Altopiano di Pine' and Valle di Cembra
This walk around the lakes of the Altopiano di Piné is a relaxing one with a very moderate difference in height. As a shorter alternative, you can choose to make a circuit of just one of the two lakes.
Suitable for everyone and also ideal for the family with children.
For the more brave, cycle and pedestrian paths keep it going until the lake of Buse, particurly liking for trip and pic-nic
Distance 9.7 km
The route stroll areound the two renowned lakes of the plateau, crossing the natural reserve "Paludi di Sternigo", and passing by a riding stable, refreshment points and free beaches equipped with playgrounds, to reach the final shore of Lake Piazze. From here the return can be made on the opposite shores of the two lakes in relation to the outward route. The itinerary is almost entirely flat, at times asphalted and in others dirt. The length is about 9 km, which can be covered in about 2 hours of walking. The classic starting point is in loc. Serraia or loc. Lido, on the lake of Serraia, but the tour is equally practicable starting from any of the parking / rest stops around the lakes.
AuthorResponsabile A.p.T Piné Cembra SS
Update: June 24, 2021
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hintsApt Pinè Cembra
Getting thereBy car: From either south or north, from the A22 Brennero motorway (from the south exit Trento south - north exit Trento north) or from the main Brennero road n. 12; continue on the Valsugana main road SS 47 towards Pergine Valsugana-Padova; when you reach the junction with the Altopiano di Piné road, turn onto this secondary road SP 83.
ParkingSeveral car parks near Lake Serraia: car park above Despar supermarket; parking in loc. Lido; parking in loc. Alberon.
32T 673729 5111458
Even on relatively short easy outings make sure to take all you need so you don't run into trouble if things take an unexpected turn, for example a storm blows up or you have a sudden drop in energy levels.
What you should have in your rucksack:
- water canteen (1L)
- snacks (e.g. mixed dried fruit or chocolate)
- First aid kit
- windproof jacket
- change of t-shirt and socks (in a plastic bag)
- make sure to wear or at least bring a pair of long trousers
- sun screen
- whistle to attract attention in an emergency
- emergency telephone number Mountain Rescue 112
Make sure you're wearing the right footwear for the trail and season. The going can get rough and rocky underfoot and a pair of hiking boots will protect you from sprains.
And finally... don't forget to bring your camera! You'll need it to capture the stunning views.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view